Tuesday, July 3, 2012

1-800-Junk-Van


Kingo,

            After our meeting with the consultants I was left even further confused on what we should do? They all brought many great ideas to the table regarding what we should do going forward in terms of our IT situation. It is pretty clear that we do need to choose an option. I took all the data that they gave us and tried to do some research to choose between the two options I liked best, Google docs and PaaS.

            Our business is still very young and although our revenues are growing along with our customer base, I do not think we should really concentrate much on complicating our business process through intricate IT development. We need to keep in mind that we pay Susan and Rachel $12/hr because of the simplicity of the job. If we need to incur higher costs for training we may need to pay higher wages. Google docs have what we need and are ideal for the quantity of our workforce. We can implement it very quickly. All we would need to pay is $5 a month and it does address the key problem of finding a system that is centrally located, flexible and easy to use. The only concern I have that restricts me from closing on this option is that because it is so simple to use, we might run into the same problems once the company grows further.

            Therefore, I recommend we go with the PaaS system. I know you have tried this method out and think you will be able to use it without a problem. Also, although it is required to be customized, it should not be hard to learn. I am waiting for Wayne to get me a quote I requested from him on this option. You felt comfortable with the mock presentation using the software so i think we'll be able to get this up and running without any issues. The next step is to discuss our budget but we can start that up as soon as our quote gets drafted up. 



- Alex 

No comments:

Post a Comment